Become a Governor of our Trust
If you’re passionate about the healthcare of your local community, it’s only right that you get to have a say on how it’s provided. That’s why we’re inviting you to be the voice of your area by standing for election to our Members’ Council.
As a Governor on our Members’ Council, you will:
• Make sure we’re working in line with our mission and values, and supports the principles and values of the NHS as a whole
• Hold Non-Executive Directors to account for the performance of our Trust Board
• Influence our plans for the future
• Talk to our members and share with us what they tell you
• Choose who our Chair and Non-Executive Directors should be
• Choose who our auditors should be
Who can be a Governor?
You can be a Governor if:
• You are a member of the Trust in the constituency where you live
• Are aged 16 or over
• You make a commitment to fulfil your duties if you’re elected
Who can’t be a Governor?
Some people are not allowed to be Governors, for example if you have been declared bankrupt or received a prison sentence of three months or more. There are other restrictions – read the full details on our election website.
We have Governor vacancies in the following constituencies:
Rest of South and West Yorkshire
I want to be a Governor – what do I need to do?
Our election process is managed by Electoral Reform Services (ERS) on our behalf. This is to make sure that our elections are managed impartially and fairly and that the process is independent and transparent.
To be a Governor you’ll need to fill out a nomination form. You can get a form (including an Easy Read version) in the following ways:
By phone 020 8889 9203
By text Text 2FT SW and your name and address to 88802
By post Electoral Reform Services Limited, The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London, N8 0NW
If you need any help completing your form, please call Ciara Norris on 020 8365 8909.
What happens next?
All nominations to stand for election must be received by ERS by 5pm on Thursday 2 March 2017. Members will then be able to vote for who they would like to be their governor. Ballot papers will be sent to qualifying members, who can vote by post or online, on Friday 24 March 2017.
Voting closes on Thursday 20 April 2017 and if successful, you’ll take up your place on Monday 1 May 2017.
For further information on the work of the Members’ Council, contact the membership office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01924 327567.
Read our notice of election.