Supporting children and young people with their mental health and wellbeing
Children and young people may understandably be concerned or worried by what they see, read or hear in the news, online or at school regarding coronavirus.
There are ways in which you can support them to understand what is currently happening:
- NHS.uk have created a web page dedicated to information and help for children and young people
- Our child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) have also developed some resources for children, young people and parents/carers
- Every Mind Matters has a dedicated area on coronavirus and for children and young people
- Young Minds have shared 10 top tips from their parent’s helpline, alongside a blog for young people
- The Mental Health Foundation has produced top tips for parents and carers when talking to your children about coronavirus
- The British Psychological Society has shared how it is vital to talk openly to children and reassure them about the changes they are seeing around them due to coronavirus.
Page last updated on: