With a strong background at local and national level, working with charities and voluntary and community sector organisations, Kate brings rich expertise to the Trust. This includes change management and involving people to improve the quality of services.
Kate led two national support teams at the Department of Health. This included the national support team for children and young people’s emotional wellbeing and mental health which worked with Local Authorities, health organisations and voluntary and community sector partners to achieve better outcomes for children and young people.
Kate has a clinical background (a nurse, along with a degree in psychology) and has held various charity non-executive board roles including Royal Mencap Society and the Sheffield Parent Carer Forum. She was lead governor at Sheffield Children’s Hospital, and joint chair of the council of governors. She is also an expert advisor carrying out NHS England’s care and treatment reviews.
Term of office
- Appointed 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2020.
- Re-appointed 1 August 2020 to 31 July 2023.
- Mental Health Act Committee – chair
- Clinical Governance and Clinical Safety Committee – member
- Finance, Investment and Performance Committee – member
- Members’ Council – attends
- Director of The Lunniagh Partnership Ltd, Health and Care Consultancy
- Inclusion North – expert advisor – care (education) and treatment reviews
Page last updated on: